Need a simple static website?
The dictionary explains the word ‘static’ as being something that is in a fixed or stationary condition and shows little to no change. This in a sense is true of a static website.
Static websites, once made, cannot be changed, edited or updated by the owner. They may have moving parts, even video, but once it is all in place, it cannot be changed without someone with knowledge of web languages updating it.
The reason nothing can be changed without an additional cost is because a coder is needed to change anything on the website, the opposite of a CMS website (explained in our blog) which can be updated easily whenever needed. There are benefits to a static website though, and should you not need to have regularly updated blogs, news or product lists for example, they are the superior website for you.
The benefits of a static website include:-
- Easier and quicker to develop and therefore more affordable for you
- With production being a much quicker process you get a web presence sooner
- Have all the information, products or news you require advertised 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- No need to be maintained on a regular basis
The disadvantages of a static website:-
- The information you decide to display may become outdated, or irrelevant
- You may score well on a search engine at first, but with other websites being search engine optimized (SEO) on their content management system (CMS) you will not stay on that important first page (if your advertisement cannot be found, it cannot advertise)
- More expensive to edit and update
hotshotcreative’s static websites are professional and affordable. We can also come up with a price plan for you should you need your static website updating, but not often enough to justify a more expensive CMS website to be produced.